Tips and Tools for a Successful Event
- Cover Letter
- Tips to Promote
- Best Practices (Coming soon)
- Donation Card
- ThanksUSA Logo
- Public Relations, Social Media and Template Tips
- Public Service Announcement Template
- Press Release Template
- Media Advisory Template
- Consumer Email Blast Template
- Newspaper Calendar Listing Template
- Meet the Scholarship Recipients
- ThanksUSA YouTube Video
- Photo Gallery (Coming soon)
Tennis Thanks the Troops
Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27 (or any other weekend this year)
Thank the Troops by Giving the Gift of Education
As part of Tennis Thanks the Troops, the United States Professional Tennis Association and ThanksUSA have teamed up to encourage USPTA professionals to fund scholarships for the families of military men and women. The United States Tennis Association Mid-Atlantic (USTA Mid-Atlantic) will support the Tennis Thanks the Troops through their tournaments.
During Tennis Thanks the Troops, Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, the tennis community nationwide is asked to donate a minimum of $5 to the ThanksUSA organization, which provides need-based post-secondary scholarships for college, technical and vocational school, to the children and spouses of active-duty military men and women. Since its inception in 2006, ThanksUSA has awarded 2,800 scholarships totaling nearly $8.5 million. (To learn more about the families who have benefited from ThanksUSA scholarships, click here.)
Here’s how your facility can get involved:
- Click the registration link below and register to become an official Tennis Thanks the Troops host facility.
- The goal for participating facilities is to collect a minimum donation of $5 from tennis players, pros, members, guests and fans of the game to support ThanksUSA. Facilities will have flexibility on donation collection options (including running tournaments/contests, lessons, silent auctions, or hosting the event a different weekend).
- Once your Tennis Thanks the Troops events have been completed, fill out the
donation card and send the donation total, in one check, to:
1390 Chain Bridge Road #260
McLean, VA 22101
Checks must be payable to: ThanksUSA
- Alternatively, you can go online to www.ThanksUSA.org/donate to submit your donation using a credit card. Also, donation cards may be emailed to TennisDonations@ThanksUSA.org. If you email contact information for the donors who contributed to you club to TennisDonations@ThanksUSA.org, we’ll send a thank you to the specific donor.
BECOME AN OFFICIAL TENNIS THANKS THE TROOPS HOST FACILITY!
NOTE -- The club raising the most money for Tennis Thanks the Troops will be able to send their pro and one guest to New York for the US Open, on August 30, 2013. The US Open Prize includes airfare for two, one night's hotel accommodations in New York City, plus two (2) tickets to the US Open. To be eligible for the US Open Prize, your check or on-line donation must be received by July 15, 2013.
USPTA/ Professionals - Click here to register your facility as a Tennis Thanks the Troops host facility
We are always looking for Best Practices. Click here (coming soon) and share what makes your Tennis Thanks the Troops event special.
Thank you letter from Kara Andryushina, recipient of the San Diego District Tennis Association/ThanksUSA scholarship.