Treasure Hunt 2013
Keys to Joining the Hunt
- There is no fee to participate in Treasure Hunt Eight ("TH8"). We encourage you to make a tax-deductible donation to the ThanksUSA scholarship fund to ensure that this year's scholarship goals are met.
- This is a "virtual" treasure hunt, so you research the questions and find the answers using books and the Internet. As you work through each chapter/App of TH8, letters from your answers will help you decipher a final clue to complete the theme.
- Clues will be released in themed chapters and can be accessed through our website: http://www.ThanksUSA.org, or through the TH8 Apps on your mobile device. You can also download the 2013 Official ThanksUSA Treasure Hunt Clue Book as a PDF file from the Web site.
- Complete the online registration form on the Web site: http://www.ThanksUSA.org. If you do not have access to the Internet, you may submit your final answer via mail following the instructions in the Official Rules.
- If you registered for any of the previous ThanksUSA Treasure Hunts, you DO NOT NEED to register again to play TH8. You can simply sign in using your information from the previous year. If you have forgotten your username or password, please refer to the website for instructions on how to request a reminder or to assign a new password.
- Even if you have participated in past ThanksUSA Treasure Hunts through the website, you can download and install the TH8 Apps and participate through your mobile device. **Only one entry per person/per chapter. You may participate through the website or your mobile device, not both**
- TH8 is open to adults (individuals, and teachers representing their classrooms/youth groups) and children 13 years of age and older.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, you can still register to play the game, but you must select "no" when asked if you are a "U.S Citizen." Non-citizens who take part in the contest will not be eligible to claim prizes.
- You can only submit one final answer for each TH8 chapter. After you have entered and submitted your final answer, you will get one chance to go back and change your final answer if it is wrong.
- You can answer clues to one chapter, two chapters, or more, or answer all six chapters, but no entrant can win a prize for more than one chapter of Treasure Hunt Eight. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must submit the correct answers for all six chapters. You can win an chapter prize and the grand prize.
- Winners will be selected randomly from those entrants who submitted correct answers.
- TH8 begins Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2012, and ends May 31, 2013. We will award four prizes per chapter.
- Entries must be submitted online or through the mobile App by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on the entry deadline found on the chart below.
Chapter Release Date Entry Deadline Date Of Drawing TH8.1 Holidays Nov. 22, 2012 Dec. 31, 2012 Jan. 8, 2013 TH8.2 Presidents Jan. 1, 2013 Jan. 31, 2013 Feb. 8, 2013 TH8.3 Children’s Authors Feb. 1, 2013 Feb. 28, 2013 Mar. 8, 2013 TH8.4 Basketball Mar. 1, 2013 Mar. 31, 2013 Apr. 8, 2013 TH8.5 College Apr. 1, 2013 Apr. 30, 2013 May 8, 2013 TH8.6 American Conflicts May 1, 2013 May 31, 2013 June 8, 2013 Grand Prize May 31, 2013 June 8, 2013
For a more detailed description of the rules including eligibility requirements, please consult the "Official Rules."
What else do I need to know? Look at the Keys to Joining the Hunt.
Keys to Joining the Hunt (PDF)
Where do I find the fine print? Please refer to the Official Rules for specific information about eligibility.
Official Rules (PDF)